I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. (ESV)There are couple of verses that I think are worth mentioning in this vein. 1 from the Old Testament, 1 from the New.
This I have mentioned before, and is more a best translation issue. Ezra 6:14 states
And the elders of the Jews built and prospered through the prophesying of Haggai the prophet and Zechariah the son of Iddo. They finished their building by decree of the God of Israel and by decree of Cyrus and Darius and Artaxerxes king of Persia;While the additional conjunction "and" is the most common word for the Hebrew term, the explanatory conjunction "that is" is a legitimate choice and one that seems to fit the context better.
The translation query from the New Testament is more in line with Glenn's question, and perhaps even less justified than Romans 12:1. It is from another Pauline letter, 1 Corinthians 12:1
- Now concerning spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be uninformed.(ESV)
- Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant. (KJV)
- Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant. (ASV)
- Now, brothers and sisters, I want you to understand about spiritual gifts. (NCV)
- Now about spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be ignorant. (NIV)
- Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware. (NASB)
- My friends, you asked me about spiritual gifts. (CEV)
- With regard to spiritual gifts, brothers and sisters, I do not want you to be uninformed. (NET)
- Περι δε των πνευματικων,
- Now about [the] spiritual,
Some versions do say this.
- But of spiritual things, brethren, I will not that ye not know (Wyclif)
- About matters of the spirit: brothers, I do not want you to be unaware. (HCSB)
- And concerning the spiritual things, brethren, I do not wish you to be ignorant; (YLT)
ESV footnotes an alternative translation "spiritual persons."
The other place "spiritual" is frequently translated "spiritual gifts" is 1 Corinthians 14:1
Pursue love, and earnestly desire the spiritual gifts, especially that you may prophesy.